Your new Centre
An amazing opportunity to join a well-regarded centre located on the North Shore. This centre is surrounded by a beautiful natural environment for the children to explore and create learning opportunities.
The team loves coming to work and has created strong bonds with the children and families. They believe that providing an inclusive learning environment will assist children to feel supported and comfortable.
The management team strives to create an environment where everybody's ideas are valued, and professional development is provided and supported.
They apply beliefs from the Montessori approach to the way they educated children through providing experiences that supports and promotes independence and respect through hands on learning.
Your new role
As the room assistant, you will support the room leader in providing activities that extends on the interests and abilities for each child. You will be responsible for collecting and documenting observations for your focus children and ensuring these observations have been followed on.
You will also be responsible for providing high quality care for each child, while building trusting relationships with children and families.
As the assistant educator in the preschool room, there will be possibilities to step up and take lead of the room when your room leader is required to be off floor.
It is important to have the confidence and ability to be able to run group times with the children about topics of interest.
In the nursery room having an understanding in supporting children through individualised routines is essential.
- Experience working in the Toddler Room is ideal
- Have a genuine passion and interest in caring for children
- A willingness to learn and grow with the team
- Collaborate and network with other educators to provide a stimulating program
- Ensure you follow centre policies and procedures in accordance with the National Regulations
- Support the needs of each child
- Ensure the program/ planning and reflection process is in line with the EYLF, NQF and NQS
To be successful
- ACECQA Approved Certificate 3 or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Current paid Working with Children Check
- Current HLTAID004 Certificate in Childcare first aid & CPR
- Knowledge of the NQS, EYLF and child protection legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current Child Protection Certificate ideal
- Available to work Fulltime and have full working rights
Benefits for You
- Strong family connections within the centre
- Team bonding events
- Street parking
- Above award rates
For more information contact Sarah Robinson on (02) 9054 7407 for a confidential discussion, or forward your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org