Your new Centre
A chance to become a part of the management team that will guide and support the educators in striving to provide high quality care.
This centre is a community-based centre that is highly regarded amongst the local community. They work in collaboration with a Parent committee to ensure the children are receiving only the highest quality.
The centre is conveniently situated in Chatswood. This centre boasts learning rich programs where children are given every opportunity to have access to a range of different experiences.
Your new role
As the Centres 2IC, Educational Leader and Room Leader you will oversee the program that is provided to the children. You will ensure the educators are providing a space for the children where they will feel safe, secure, and supported. A space that all children can access the highest level of learning opportunities possible.
As the 2IC you will be a role model for your team, you will support them through decision making, new ideas, reflective practices, and professional development opportunities.
You will be the Room Leader for the Preschool Room where you will work along side a dedicated team of educators that believe in team teaching to give the children the opportunity to gain valuable lifelong skills.
You will be responsible for providing inclusive experiences for children within your care.
You will be responsible to document children's developmental stages, learning opportunities and child led experiences through learning stories, observations, developmental reports, and other forms of documentation.
You will ensure that your programs are based on children's interests and abilities while keeping in line with the centre's procedures, NQF, NQS and EYLF.
- Work alongside a team of educators in a positive and reflective manner
- You will strive to deliver a strong school readiness program
- Support all staff to work within the guidelines of the centre
- Following correct policies/ procedures in line with the relevant legislations/ regulations
- Develop strong connections with children, families, staff members
- Support the Director and fill the role of Director in her absence
- Liaise with families about developmental needs, concerns, children's current interests and abilities
- Encourage family involvement into the program
- Involvement in the development of the QIP
To be successful
- An ACECQA approved/ recognised ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) degree
- Current HLTAID004 Certificate in Childcare First Aid & CPR
- Previous experience in a management role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can-do attitude, willing to help and ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of the EYLF and NQS is ideal
- Highly organised and a high attention to detail
- Have a genuine passion for working with children
Benefits for You
- Above Award Pay Rate
- Great team culture
- Supportive management team
- 5 weeks annual leave and additional leave
- 1 day a week non-teaching to complete required duties
- Ongoing support and training provided
For more information contact Sarah Robinson on 9054 7407 for a confidential discussion, or forward your up-to-date CV to email@example.com